Terms and Conditions
Administration & Account set up fees
- One-off account set up fee of $25.00
- Please note, not all venues require a swipe card.
- Replacement or Additional Swipe Cards - $15.00.
- Refund of returned swipe card - $10.00.
- If you are hiring a venue that requires a swipe card for entry, one will be created for you before your first booking.
- If you already have a Communify swipe card any additional bookings will be updated for free.
- If after your booking, you will no longer be hiring a Communify venue a refund of $10.00 will be available for any swipe cards returned in working order within 7 days of the last venue hire.
- This refund is only payable once your account has been paid in full. Please send bank account details through for reimbursement at time of returning swipe card.
- Should you be interested in hiring a Communify venue in the future, please keep the swipe card as additional bookings will be added at no charge.
It is the responsibility of the venue hirer to manage use of their own swipe card. Communify will not be responsible to open a venue if a hirer forgets or loses their swipe card or if they are not available to open it themselves.
Cancellations and Amendments
- Cancellations seven (7) working days prior to commencement of hire will attract a $10.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations less than (7) working days will attract a cancellation fee equal to the cost of the Venue Hire.
- Any Amendment/ Edit to a booking will incur an amendment Fee - $10.00.
- Any bookings incorrectly input will be subject to full payment of fees.
Communify has the right to cancel a Venue Hire if it deems the activity to be inappropriate, or the purpose of the Hire not to be that which has been agreed on the Venue Hire form.
I/We authorise Ezidebit Pty Ltd ACN 096 902 813 (User ID No 165969, 303909, 301203, 234040, 234072, 428198) to debit my/our nominated account identified above through the Bulk Electronic System (BECS) in accordance with the Debit Arrangement stated above by, and as per the Ezidebit Direct Debit Agreement Terms & Conditions. Administration Fee of (once only) $3.30, Bank Account Transaction Fee $1.25, Credit card transaction Fee VISA/Mastercard 2.20% (Min $1.25). Optional SMS payment reminder is paid by Communify Queensland Limited.
In these terms and conditions:
- "Communify" means Communify Qld Incorporated.
- "Hirer" means the person whose name is registered
- "Property" means the property on which the Venue is situated.
- "Venue" means the venue specified in the Venue Booking Sheet completed by the Hirer.
When hiring any Venue, the Hirer is responsible to ensure:
- An adult must supervise children at all times.
- All in attendance behave in an orderly manner
- All equipment belonging to Communify is to be left in good condition at the Venue
- Your event does not impact on the local community or surrounds ( i.e.) loud noise, large crowds
- You must have any electrical equipment that you bring to the hall tagged by an approved electrician every 12 months.
- All doors and windows must be locked on vacation of the Venue
- All lights, fans and/or Breeze Air conditioners must be turned off.
- All crockery must be washed and any other equipment must be returned to the place it was found at the start of the hiring period.
- Loud speakers, televisions &/ .or music must be used in accordance with both State and Local government noise regulations.
- The Hirer must keep a record of persons attending and will be responsible to ensure their evacuation in the case of fire or if the Venue must be evacuated for any other reason.
- Any additional furniture or equipment brought to a Venue must first be approved by Communify
Parking & Vehicle Access
Communify is under no obligation to provide parking. If the Hirer requires special provisions for persons with a disability, Communify staff must be notified. If the Hirer wants to bring buses onto the property details must be supplied in advance to enable Communify staff sufficient time to make arrangements, if possible. Nothing in this clause is mean to imply that any such arrangements may be possible.
Occupational Health and Safety
Everyone on Communify premises is obliged to take reasonable care to ensure their own health and safety and those of co-workers, visitors and patrons to events. The Hirer must comply with any safety instructions given by Communify staff.
It is the Hirer's responsibility to ensure that their employees, contractors, volunteers and/or helpers practice good housekeeping to control and identify and report any hazard to Communify staff immediately. It is the Hirer's responsibility to adequately induct their employees, contractors and helpers/volunteers before starting work in any Venue.
A Venue Hirers manual is available in all locations and must be read prior to hall use by anyone using the hall.
- The Hirer must not drive tacks, nails or screws etc. into Communify woodwork or all or any part of the building, furniture or fixtures.
- Access must be granted to all areas of the venue at all times including any and all cupboards, storerooms or other spaces.
- No smoking is permitted on the premises or within 4 metres of the building entrance.
- The venue must not be used for any purposes other than as stated on this form or the Booking Sheet. Failure to give correct information will result in immediate cancellation of the venue hire
- The premises must not be used for any annoying, offensive or illegal conduct or activity or purpose.
- Under no circumstances are firearms or other weapons to be brought onto the property.
- The Hirer must not permit any flame (including candles), explosive or fuel to be brought into the Venue.
- The Hirer must not use the hall for any activity that will cause impact on the local community
- The Hirer must not use the Venue for any purposes that may injure the reputation of Communify.
- The Hirer must not use the Venue in any way that would increase or invalidate any insurance policy taken out by Communify or increase the premiums payable by Communify.
- The Hirer must not in any advertising imply that Communify is associated with any event other than providing the facility.
- The Venue must not be used by a third party without the prior written permission of Communify.
- Any use of the Venue must not interfere with any other use of the property by Communify or any other person.
- The Hirer must not interfere with any of the electrical or mechanical equipment on the Venue.
- The Hirer is not to bring on to the premises or allow others to bring on the premises any illegal goods or substances or any dangerous goods or substances.
- The Hirer must not bring any alcohol onto the Venue and no alcohol is allowed to be consumed at the Venue or surrounds.
- The Hirer will not use the Venue for any purpose other than that agreed to and written on the Venue Hire Form.
Unless by prior arrangement with Communify, deliveries and pick-ups must be part of the hire period. Unexpected deliveries will be refused. Communify employees will not dispatch goods from the venues and will not sign for the delivery of goods.
Communify takes care to respect the privacy of its hirers. Personally identifiable information (name, address etc.) is required in order to create a legally binding contract between the Hirer and Communify. This personal information may be stored in the Communify database. On occasion, Communify may use your information to advise you of the various services provided by Communify. At no time will Communify disclose its database information (which contains personal information) to list brokers and/or list rental organizations. Any personal information collected will be retained only for so long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or so long as it may be required by law or Communify policy.
Decorations, Cleaning and Additions Services
The Hirer may decorate the room on the condition that all decorations are removed by the Hirer at the end of the function and no damage is done to the Venue. An extra charge may be incurred for additional cleaning services if all decorations and or other items are not removed by the Hirer. General cleaning is included in the cost of the Venue hire. An additional fee may be charged where an event generates cleaning beyond the normal level.
Hirers must ensure that the Venue and its surrounds are cleaned and all of the Hirer’s property is removed from the Venue on vacation. The Hirer is financially liable for any damages sustained by Communify or its property whether through the Hirer’s own action or through the action of their contractors, sub-contractors or guests and clients attending any function booked by the Hirer or if the Venue and surrounds are not left in a reasonable state of cleanliness.
- Nothing in this Hire Agreement confers on the Hirer any rights as a tenant and such is expressly negatived. The relationship between Communify and the Hirer is one of licensor and licensee.
- Communify may in its discretion and without the need to give any reason whatsoever, refuse to agree to hire the Venue to the Hirer.
- Communify may terminate this Hirer agreement at any time by giving notice to the Hirer. Any fees paid in advance of the date of termination will be refunded by Communify to the Hirer within 7 days.
Any breakages of equipment or damage to the Venue must be notified by the Hirer to Communify immediately. The Hirer will be responsible for the cost of the equipment and for the cost of repair of any damage. If Communify discovers that any breakage or damage occurred during the period of the Hirer’s occupation of the Venue, Communify will be entitled to claim the cost of the replacement of the articles from the Hirer, and deduct the cost from the Venue Hire Deposit. If the Venue Hire Deposit is insufficient to cover the cost of the breakage/damage, the Hirer will be personally liable to Communify for the excess costs.
In no event will Communify be liable to the Hirer on any account whatsoever, whether as a result of wear and tear or any defect in any equipment at the Venue for any loss or damage whatsoever including consequential loss or damage and whether or not foreseeable or contemplated.
The Hirer must indemnify and keep indemnified Communify from and against all actions, claims, demands, losses, injuries, death and expenses for which Communify may become liable including any loss, damage or injury from any cause whatsoever to property or person caused or contributed to by the use of the Venue by the Hirer and for any personal injury sustained by any person in or about the Venue however caused other than the wilful or negligent act of Communify or its servants or agents.
The Hirer must have in force public liability insurance for at least $10,000,000 whilst hiring the Venue. The Hirer must produce evidence of the insurance to Communify prior to the time of booking. If the Hirer fails or refuses to arrange insurance then Communify may immediately terminate this agreement and retain all money paid for the Venue Hire. The hirer must ensure that their insurance is kept up to date and continue to send Communify updated renewals.
- Casual Hire is for those people who hire our halls as a one off booking, random bookings throughout the year or are a commercial business.
- Permanent hire is for those people who hire our halls 5 or more times consecutively
- Community hire is for those community groups who are not an incorporated organisation or a not for profit but who meet a need in the Community, have a membership and charge only a minimum fee to cover their basic costs. Supporting documents must be submitted in advance of booking to receive this rate.
- Not for Profit is for those groups who are a registered not for profit charity organisation or an incorporated association. Please see www.acnc.gov.au. Supporting documents must be submitted in advance of booking to receive this rate.
- Core rate is for those groups that meet Communify’s core values. Supporting documents must be submitted in advance of booking to receive this rate.
Corporate or Private Event / Function rates are for all corporate and private functions.
Exclusive Exhibition rates are for exclusive use of a venue to hang or exhibit artwork. Including bump-in and bump-out.
Non-Exclusive Exhibition rate is for groups to share a space while an exhibition is hanging.
It is the responsibility of the Venue Hirer to inform Communify of any amendments, additions, changes or alterations to the original Venue Hire Form by completing a new Form with the relevant details and sending it to the Venue Coordinator.
Acknowledgement and Agreement
I have read and understood the above conditions. I agree to abide by the terms and conditions stated above and according to the purpose of use.