Terms and Conditions
Administration & Account Set Up Fees
- One off account registration and swipe card x 1 - $25.00
- Replacement or additional swipe cards - $15.00 each
It is the responsibility of the hirer to manage use of their own swipe card/s. Communify Qld will not be responsible for opening a venue if a hirer forgets or loses their swipe card or if they are not available to open it themselves.
It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure they have sufficient time to have their swipe card updated prior to their booking.
Cancellations & Amendment Fees
- Cancellations seven (7) working days prior to commencement of hire will attract a cancellation fee of $25.00.
- Cancellations less than (7) working days will attract a cancellation fee equal to the cost of the venue hire.
- Any amendments to a booking/s will incur an amendment fee of $10.00.
If an error is made when creating your booking, please notify the Community Spaces Team immediately in writing within 24 hours to avoid any fees. Any bookings incorrectly input are subject to full payment of fees.
Late Booking Fee
Online system bookings are allowed up to 2 days in advance. Any request by a hirer to create a booking on their behalf under 2 days will incur a $25 late administration fee. Hirers are required to pay for the full amount of the hire including the late fee prior to the booking and ensure they have time to update & /or collect a swipe card from the office.
Out of Office Call Out Fee
If a hirer calls for assistance out of hours and the purpose of the call is found to be the fault of the hirer (i.e. did not read entry instructions, trying to enter a hall outside of booking time, trying to enter the wrong hall, or at the wrong time or on the wrong day, did not get the swipe card updated prior to the booking etc.) a fee of $25 per phone call may apply.
Please note any genuine emergencies will be attended to as promptly as possible with no fee.
I/We authorise Ezidebit Pty Ltd ACN 096 902 813 (User ID No 165969, 303909, 301203, 234040, 234072, 428198) to debit my/our nominated account identified above through the Bulk Electronic System (BECS) in accordance with the Debit Arrangement stated above by, and as per the Ezidebit Direct Debit Agreement Terms & Conditions. Administration Fee of (once only) $3.30, Bank Account Transaction Fee $1.25, Credit card transaction Fee VISA/MasterCard 2.20% (Min $1.25). Optional SMS payment reminder is paid by Communify Queensland Limited.
In these terms and conditions:
- Communify - Communify Queensland Limited.
- Hirer - the person whose name is under the registered account.
- Property - the property on which the venue is situated.
When hiring any Community Space, the Hirer is responsible to ensure:
- An adult must supervise children at all times.
- All in attendance behave in an orderly manner.
- All equipment belonging to Communify is to be left in good condition at the venue.
- Your event does not impact on the local community or surrounds (i.e. loud noise, large crowds) please contact Brisbane City Council or the local Police for more information.
- Any electrical equipment that you bring to the venue must be tested and tagged by an approved electrician every 12 months.
- All doors and windows must be locked on exit of the venue.
- All lights and fans must be turned off on exit of the venue.
- All kitchen utensils must be washed or placed in the dishwasher and any other equipment must be returned to the place it was found at the start of the hiring period.
- Loud speakers, televisions and/or music must be used in accordance with both State and Local government noise regulations.
- The hirer must keep a record of each person attending and will be responsible to ensure the evacuation in the case of a fire or if the venue must be evacuated for any other reason.
- Any additional furniture or equipment brought to a venue must first be approved by Communify.
- All marketing material (posters, flyers, etc.) are to only be posted in the allocated noticeboard at the venue. Please discuss further with the Community Spaces Team if you wish to market your event.
Parking & Vehicle Access
Communify is under no obligation to provide parking. If the Hirer requires special provisions for persons with a disability, Communify staff must be notified. If the Hirer wants to bring buses onto the property details must be supplied in advance to enable Communify staff sufficient time to make arrangements, if possible. Nothing in this clause is mean to imply that any such arrangements may be possible.
Occupational Health & Safety
Everyone on Communify premises is obliged to take reasonable care to ensure their own health and safety and those of co-workers, visitors and patrons to events. The Hirer must comply with any safety instructions given by Communify staff.
It is the Hirer's responsibility to ensure that their employees, contractors, volunteers and/or helpers practice good housekeeping to control and identify and report any hazard to Communify staff immediately. It is the Hirer's responsibility to adequately induct their employees, contractors and helpers/volunteers before starting work in any Venue.
- The hirer must not drive tacks, nails or screws, etc. into Communify woodwork or all or any part of the building, furniture or fixtures. Access must be granted to all areas of the venue at all times including any and all cupboards, storerooms or other spaces.
- No smoking is permitted on the premises or within 4 metres of the building entrance.
- The venue must not be used for any purposes other than as stated at the time of registration. Failure to give correct information will result in immediate cancellation of the venue hire.
- The premises must not be used for any annoying, offensive or illegal conduct, activity or purpose.
- Under no circumstances are firearms or other weapons to be brought onto the property.
- The hirer must not permit any flame (including candles), explosive or fuel to be brought into the venue.
- The hirer must not use the hall for any activity that will cause impact on the local community.
- The hirer must not use the venue for any purposes that may injure the reputation of Communify.
- The hirer must not use the venue in any way that would increase or invalidate any insurance policy taken out by Communify or increase the premiums payable by Communify.
- The hirer must not in any advertising imply that Communify is associated with any event other than providing the facility.
- The venue must not be used by a third party without the prior written permission of Communify.
- Any use of the venue must not interfere with any other use of the property by Communify or any other person.
- The hirer must not interfere with any of the electrical or mechanical equipment on the venue.
- The hirer is not to bring on to the premises or allow others to bring on the premises any illegal goods or substances or any dangerous goods or substances.
- The hirer must not bring Community Spaces Team
- The hirer will not use the venue for any purpose other than that agreed to by the Community Spaces Team.
Unless by prior arrangement with Communify, deliveries and pick-ups must be part of the hire period. Unexpected deliveries will be refused. Communify employees will not dispatch goods from the venues and will not sign for the delivery of goods.
Communify takes care to respect the privacy of its hirers. Personally identifiable information (name, address etc.) is required in order to create a legally binding contract between the Hirer and Communify. This personal information may be stored in the Communify database. On occasion, Communify may use your information to advise you of the various services provided by Communify. At no time will Communify disclose its database information (which contains personal information) to list brokers and/or list rental organizations. Any personal information collected will be retained only for so long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or so long as it may be required by law or Communify policy.
Decorations, Cleaning & Additions Services
The Hirer may decorate the room on the condition that all decorations are removed by the Hirer at the end of the function and no damage is done to the Venue. An extra charge may be incurred for additional cleaning services if all decorations and or other items are not removed by the Hirer. General cleaning is included in the cost of the Venue hire. An additional fee may be charged where an event generates cleaning beyond the normal level.
Hirers must ensure that the Venue and its surrounds are cleaned and all of the Hirer’s property is removed from the Venue on vacation. The Hirer is financially liable for any damages sustained by Communify or its property whether through the Hirer’s own action or through the action of their contractors, sub-contractors or guests and clients attending any function booked by the Hirer or if the Venue and surrounds are not left in a reasonable state of cleanliness.
Nothing in this Hire Agreement confers on the hirer any rights as a tenant and such is expressly negatived. The relationship between Communify and the hirer is one of licensor and licensee. Communify may in its discretion and without the need to give any reason whatsoever, refuse to agree to hire the venue to the hirer. Communify may terminate this hirer agreement at any time by giving notice to the hirer. Any fees paid in advance of the date of termination will be refunded by Communify to the hirer within 7 days.
Communify has the right to cancel a venue hire if it deems the activity to be inappropriate, or the purpose of the hire not to be that which has been agreed on or for the good of the community.
Any breakages of equipment or damage to the venue must be notified by the hirer to Communify immediately. The hirer will be responsible for the cost of the equipment and for the cost of repair of any damage. If Communify discovers that any breakage or damage occurred during the period of the hirer’s occupation of the venue, Communify will be entitled to claim the cost of the replacement of the articles from the hirer.
In no event will Communify be liable to the hirer on any account whatsoever, whether as a result of wear and tear or any defect in any equipment at the venue for any loss or damage whatsoever including consequential loss or damage and whether or not foreseeable or contemplated.
The hirer must indemnify and keep indemnified Communify from and against all actions, claims, demands, losses, injuries, death and expenses for which Communify may become liable including any loss, damage or injury from any cause whatsoever to property or person caused or contributed to by the use of the venue by the hirer and for any personal injury sustained by any person in or about the venue however caused other than the willful or negligent act of Communify or its servants or agents.
The hirer must have in force public liability insurance for at least $10,000,000 whilst hiring any Communify venue.
The hirer must produce evidence of the insurance to Communify prior to the time of booking. If the hirer fails or refuses to arrange insurance then Communify may immediately terminate this agreement and retain all money paid for the venue hire. The hirer must ensure that their insurance is kept up to date and continue to send Communify updated renewals. If renewal policies are not sent to Communify in a timely matter, Communify may cancel all current and future bookings.
- Casual Hire is for people who hire Communify Spaces as a one off booking, random bookings throughout the year or are a commercial business.
- Permanent Hire is for people who hire our halls 5 or more times consecutively
- Community Hire is for community groups who are not an incorporated organisation or a not for profit but who meet a need in the community, have a membership and charge only a minimum fee to cover their basic costs. Supporting documents must be submitted in advance of booking to receive this rate.
- Not for Profit is for groups who are a registered not for profit charity organisation or an incorporated association. Please see www.acnc.gov.au. Supporting documents must be submitted in advance of booking to receive this rate.
- Core Rate is for groups that meet Communify’s core values. Supporting documents must be submitted in advance of booking to receive this rate. Please email CommunitySpaces@communify.org.au outlying how your group meets the Communify Core Values.
- Corporate or Private Event / Function rates are for all corporate and private functions.
- Exclusive Exhibition rates are for exclusive use of a venue to hang or exhibit artwork. Including bump-in and bump-out.
- Non-Exclusive Exhibition rate is for groups to share a space while an exhibition is hanging.
It is the responsibility of the hirer to inform Communify of any amendments, additions, changes or alterations made to their bookings , including names of new users.
All new users MUST be registered on the online booking system and have their swipe card confirmed.
Acknowledgement & Agreement
- I agree to use the venue for the purpose declared in my registration and for the time that I have booked only.
- I acknowledge that entering the venue prior to my booking or staying longer than I have booked is not permitted.
- I agree that if I do enter the premises outside of the hours agreed with Communify, then I am liable to pay for the additional hire rate/hour and also agree to pay for any penalties associated with being in the venue outside of the agreed hours, including the security company call out fee.
- I agree that I am responsible for the opening and closing of the venue and for protection fo Community properly while at the venue.
- I agree that I am responsible for the swipe card (updated and collection) and entry instructions of Communify venues.
- I have read and understood the above conditions. I agree to abide by the terms and conditions stated above and according to the purpose of use.